Spirulina is a trend now and if you haven’t heard about this superfood until this moment you should definitely read on.
I’ve known about Spirulina and its benefits for quite some time and I’ve taken it a few years back for a few months and now, I started again. It’s amazing!
I want to tell you about Spirulina because it’s a very good antioxidant and since these days most of us will go overboard with the food on our tables and into our stomachs I thought this will come in handy. In time, after seeing the results of this alga you’ll definitely become a fan.
Spirulina is a green-blue micro alga, one of the most ancient life forms which can be found on this earth in warm, fresh water bodies. This wonder food is being used all over the world to help treat illness and is being taken into consideration as a sustainable source of food with the potential to end world hunger.
Spirulina contains 60-70% pure protein, which means it has all eight essential amino acids that can maintain a state of optimal health. This alga is a great product to use to improve your overall health.
Here are just a few of its benefits:
– High vitamin A content which makes spirulina an excellent way to fight acne.
– It has 7 times more calcium than milk
– Has 58 times more iron than a spinach portion
– Fights against anemia with its important iron contribution and nutrients like: vitamin E, vitamin B12, folic acid and copper
– Has 6 times more proteins than eggs
– Reduces fatigues, stress and depression and increases stamina
– Is recommended in cardiovascular diseases for its high vitamin content
– bacterial infections or parasites are easily treated if given also spirulina supplements
– treats and prevents skin diseases
– The content of beta-carotene is 10 times higher than in carrot and is rich in antioxidants important for a better view
– Detoxifies the organism with its ability to clean the blood. Rich in chlorophyll, spirulina is a powerful detoxifier, removing the toxins. It contains ten times more chlorophyll than green leafy vegetables. Chlorophyll helps restore red blood cells in the body and provides magnesium in an easy form to assimilate.
If you want to include spirulina in your diet you should know that you can find it like tablets or powder. I took it both forms. Currently I have spirulina powder which I put it in smoothies. Every morning I make myself a big glass of smoothies with different kinds of fruits, seed and some spirulina which energizes me for the entire day. This is my daily dose of health which I gladly recommend it to you, too.
Do you use any super food or supplement in your diet?